Cost Saving Construction Advice
Here are some tips which can help you in saving cost and stress when building your dream home:
- Proper Planning: It is important that you plan your design beforehand. Make a list of what you would like in your home for example Windows , Cupboards , furniture, fixtures and fittings, floorings and appliances etc.. You would also what to do a proper pricing of these items to ensure that you stay within your budget. This will ensure that you do not run into financial problems. So sit down and crunch the numbers. Most home builder make changes after the plans is drawn and approved. This action in most cases throws the entire project off course and may trigger another problem which is cost.
- Think About Simple Shapes : Using basic shapes are simpler and easier to build. Using triangle or even trapezoids are very complex shapes that make building cost increase. Remember your goal is to build affordable simple home. Try and sick to your planned design as making changes after or during construction and cause you to run over budget.
- Building Small Structure: A smaller structure is much cheaper that a larger home when you compare price per sq ft . Remember larger properties may mean larger portion of your budget.
- Find A Reliable Expert Contractor: This is an important facet in when under taking a building project. Hiring the right contractor is a key to a stress free building. Personal recommendation is an excellent way to finding a good contractor make sure you get more than one quote from various contractors to compare the prices . Look at previous jobs that a particular contractor completed, speck to the owners, get feedbacks before making your decision. You may not want to pay your selected contractor all the monies up front at the start of the project this way you can monitor the work and time frame of the project . Try to set up terms of payment . Some person will pay in increments as the varies task is completed.
- DIY (Do – IT-Yourself) : If you are skilled or great with your hands , perhaps some task you may want to do yourself and save the cost of hiring a professional . It may be a good idea to get some friends together for help. This is a great way to save cost.
- Think about building more efficiently: Perhaps using energy saving features can be considered in reducing cost , money and also protects the environment such as solar power.